Thursday, October 25, 2007

Know that I miss you

In what must be truly karmic retribution to my longwindedness downstairs, I got 'Around The World' stuck in my head for a day.

Who knew it was actually good advice to not go shopping on an empty stomach? I'd attach an addendum to that, which would be more generally along the lines of, 'Don't go shopping while craving something' and more specifically along the lines of, 'Don't go shopping while craving icecream.'

Because you know what the inevitable end of that transaction is going to be.

Answer: Delicious.

I may have royally pissed off my boss today. That's too bad, because I got sick of skipping class for him. I did what I had to do however, so we'll see what the fallout is. My Prac. Ethics class ended on a nice enough note, but it did get a little tiring to rag on MacKinnon the entire time. State priests are so tiring, you dig?

I'm trying to keep my writing fresh and interesting, and I realise it's hard work. This is an example of me not doing so. Jesus, I haven't started a third day of this and I've moved on a meta-post. I have no qualifications whatsoever.

As an excuse, I offer the time tested one of writer's block. To paraphrase Marx (the one with eyebrows, not the one with the beard), if you don't like that one, i've got others.

(Was that actually Groucho Marx? A quick google search is inconclusive)

Really, the main thing I'm trying to do with my writing is less is more approach. I hope you appreciate how difficult that is for me to take, even if you are as I, believe brevity is a high form of wit (as Shakespeare did! This I am sure of. Well, I actually think irony is the highest form of wit, whiles good ole Shakes there thought it was brevity)

[If you wish for me to level with you, I'm feeling not so peaky; there exist pockets of depression hiding in my mind longer than I thought possible. It's not something i'm proud of, nor should it be something you should encourage. This has been your Public Service Announcement. Please take the proper precautions.]

3 comments:

samuel moginie said...

The "less is more" approach is great, but don't forget that "more is more" will hold logically true in all situations. At this point it's not about words but about content and its significance, you dig?

Mintie said...

The original quote - Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.

From Duck Soup!

I'm not quite sure why I've become your research assistant or something, but it ROCKS

rishimon said...

Sam: The funny thing is, more often than not, words hide content and significance. "What we cannot speak about must be passed over in silence."

(However, if this is an implicit word of support for me to continue writing, I'll construe it in that manner.)

Mintie: Research assistance helps us all. Plus, I'm a sloppy researcher in my old age.