Monday, November 30, 2009

Last year was a hard year

Until it wasn't

I got namechecked in an interesting way today, one i'm not entirely positive to characterise in any given manner. I mean, it was cool, and a little bit unexpected, in the way that unexpected eavesdropping, but you know, what to say about it? It certainly was a way though. It's like, you need the grain of sand to form the pearl; or it could end up being an infectious, festering wound. But you know, thems = the breaks.

I find that I read nowadays not with the express purpose of actually enjoying what i'm reading or to gain new knowledge or whatever straightforward purpose that is generally intimated, but moreso on how defensible a position I can take spending the time and effort required to read said subject matter. This doesn't mean I stick to only those unquestionably solid standards that dot the various landscapes of writing, but rather that whenever I pick something up, i'll think about how well I can do a job of making the case that this was a worthwhile read. It's harder than you expect, and kinda fun. Ref: White Noise.

The new year approaches, and along with, rhapsodisation. Plans are made to ignore it. I may have to excommunicate myself in a big way.

No comments: