Thursday, February 18, 2010

Seriously

I mean, seriously, come on

I've just did my long-overdue laundry, and feeling all stressed out. But i'm at that stage in life where you understand that feeling stressed out and shitty is all legitimate and shit, but come on: there are people starvin', folks a sufferin' and you're concerned about 30 dollars and credit cards and the goddamn fucking laundry powder (that somebody left out in the rain)? Get a fucking grip.

Anyway, i'll post something on philosophical analysis, some quick backlog stuff, and something on metacognition that sorta relates to the point I was making above.

I looked at some beautiful things today, while thinking about you

3 comments:

Wojit said...

Man, I was just in a class in which someone was building a moral theory based on the idea of having normative reasons to feel certain things. This made me antsy, and I could at least think "Well, at least Rishi will be against the idea that there are (in some sense) appropriate feelings!" Now you go ahead and classify some feelings as "legitimate," as if there are illegitimate feelings. You've let me down.

rishimon said...

...I kinda meant legitimate in that it is okay to have them, not that there is any normative or moral basis for them, or for people to use them as a basis for moral action. I meant legitimate in its everyday, not necessarily a philosophical one.

I don't talk philosophically all the time, y'know. Sometimes, I just...talk. Which is probably dangerous, and i'm letting you down again aren't I?

Wojit said...

I'm justing thinking if it's worth saying that it's legitimate to have them, that implies there are some circumstances in which it's NOT legitimate to have them. Which implies some kind of valuation of feelings.

But, look, you know, not talking philosophically all the time is also cool! I probably wouldn't've cared at all if it wasn't for that class I had that morning.