Thursday, January 08, 2009

I couldn't pass this up

It's just too funny!

See, back in the day (and still true to some extent in the presentish sense), Mr. Edelstein was my favourite movie reviewer. He possesses a keenness of wit and vigour; that indie movie sense that saw through the semi-shallowness of "I-don't-drink-fucking-Merlot" Sideways and gave Eternal Sunshine best movie of the year. Most importantly, he maintains this idiosyncratic emotionality that is repeatedly endearing. Witness his reaction to the watching of the first Funny Games:

I watched to the end, removed the DVD from the player, and snapped it over my knee. Then, with a pair of scissors, I cut the halves into quarters, walked the pieces to the kitchen garbage can, and shoved them under the debris of the previous night’s dinner.

Anyway. The point of all this is merely to point out that the remake of Funny Games has been garnering some attention as one of the worse movies of the (last) year. The critical reviews are eminently amusing, thought I should probably warn you that Hoberman is being a supercilious prick. Again.

One other thing I have found: Jaydiohead?! (Interrobang go!?)


Dirt Off Your Android - Jaydiohead

No comments: