Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm gonna need to see an environmental impact assessment

for this dam you're building on the stream-of-consciousness.

We apologise for any interruption caused.

A singular passage I have singularly liked:

It was Jesus Maria's practice to go the post office every day, first because there he could see many people whom he knew, and second because on that windy post-office corner he could look at the legs of a great many girls. It must be supposed that in this latter interest there was any vulgarity. As soon criticise a man who goes to art galleries or to concerts. Jesus Maria liked to look at girls' legs.

- Tortilla Flat, by John Steinbeck

Nicely reflects many things I feel, without the weird pseudo-religiousity I feel compelled to inject into these sorts of proceedings; evolutionary lies, all of it. Also hints at a refutation of internalism/experience-ism? which is something I've been meaning to expound a whole lot on.

No comments: