Thursday, February 19, 2009

This should go elsewhere

But shelves are shelves, and i'll take what I can.

Wait. There's a whole lotta misinterpretation possible in that statement.

Your chanson of the week, reminding you of the joys of indulgence:



The art direction is especially lovely.

Comments and input! Should I write something on internalism, and just how stupid it is? The problem(s) is(are) that I think that what I want to write about is so obvious (how dangerous that word) that either it is a) a truism b) unnecessary or c) a waste of everyones' time. Or all of the above. I'm wondering why I even want to do it; is it a fault of society, the company I keep, or god forbid, me, that motivates me to do this? It's all very unusual, and not at all helpful in the least.

1 comment:

Wojit said...

Interesting Factoid: You search PhilPapers for Internalism, and you get 5 different types of "Internalism and Externalism about x." But I assume you're talking about Internalism regarding Moral Judgement?

But... I suppose I'd say, yeah, why not write something about it. I mean, it's hard for me to assess the value and obviousness of what you want to say when you haven't said it yet, but if nothing else writing about it might help you get clearer about the objections you have. I mean, at least, I find writing stuff tends to make me clearer about stuff.

Of course, that's some hardcore hypocrisy action right there, considering I haven't written anything myself for, like, a year. I'm thinking I should write something on Interpersonal Comparison of Welfare. Like, maybe looking at the different going theories and seeing how they fare in terms of theoretical and practical comparisons, and maybe also a discussion of whether failing to be interpersonally comparable is some grounds for rejecting a theory of welfare.

Or I could just keep reading random papers and keep pretending this counts as doing work. That's cool too.