Sunday, June 06, 2004

For those who have a little spare time,

Washingtonienne.

Now, I presume one, possibly two people know what or who Washingtonienne is, so i'll fill you in. She was a Staff Assistant , or "Staff Ass", as it's called in the business. She used to work in the White House (She was fired for this blog). The blog is account of her life on Capitol Hill and on how she has to sleep with men(some married, even) in order to make enough money to survive.

It's surpisingly well-written and humourous. She's witty, intelligent and quite self-deprecating for some one so interesting. It ain't too bad with the sex, not too risque, but nothing too plodding and pedestrian either.

Example post:

I got a raise today! Now I make $25K.

(Wasn't that what I was making before??)

Most of my living expenses are thankfully subsidized by a few generous older gentlemen. I'm sure I am not the only one who makes money on the side this way: how can anybody live on $25K/year??

If you investigated every Staff Ass on the Hill, I am sure you would find out some freaky shit. No way can anybody live on such a low salary. I am convinced that the Congressional offices are full of dealers and hos.

End Example post.

So go burn some time on this. Bye bye.




No comments: