Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Air (for earners)

More like corporate welfare, if you know what I mean.

n and e have switched places. We're going up to blackwatch plaid.

I keep meaning to update this thing (did you get that thing I sent you?) but everytime I do it, laziness/uncreativity sets in. It's a living.

I'm watching a lot of stuff right now. I finished Season 5 of Buff, even commentaries and extras. You know that feeling you get when you're getting to the end of a good book, that sort of dreading feeling, and that relieved/sad feeling when you finish it? I can safely say I actually kinda sorta felt those things watching this Season of Buff. I wanted more Buffy when I finished this; not more Season 6 wise, but more Season 5 wise.

Why doesn't Joss admit his indie heritage and start doing weird quirky movies off borrowed credit? He doesn't claim to be a radical sort of director, but he cares about filming direction. On TV. No one cares about that. No one. Not even Jesus. Is there a patron saint of tv direction? No, and you know why? Because no one cares.

You can't do a minimalist production for a tv show aimed toward younger ages and then say you're not all crazy and hopped up on goofballs. 'The Body' was a stunning piece of directional work though. Stunning piece of work in general. The Anya soliloquy? Monologue? is one of the best pieces of dialogue you will hear.

The Gift is good too. Possibly best Season finale? The gravestone is a very classy touch.

I'm tired, sleep and rest for the miracle of commerce that is going to occur tomorrow/today. Ten shiny dimes may not be enough. Night.

4 comments:

Mintie said...

Lets all blog at 2:45 am!

rishimon said...

...Do you find fault with my choice of expression?

Can you post something at exactly that moment in time?

Mintie said...

I find fault with your feminine body. I can indeed post something at exactly that moment in time.

Dont make me trash talk you off the blogosphere -_-

rishimon said...

Feminine? I'm not the one with sagging, aging breasts.

I have implants.

Trash talk me off the blogosphere. Stop spending so much money on blow. Both kinds.