Thursday, August 09, 2007

From one cat to another

It's been over two weeks now, and I still don't have the right words to say, nor do I have mental space-time to formulate them. So, I will let Mr. Murakami take over, for he is a better man than I.


Mimi screwed screwed up her long white whiskers and frowned. "I'd rather not think that, or even imagine it, but it is a possibility. Mr. Nakata, I haven't lived all that many years, but i've seen terrible things I never could have imagined. Most people look at cats and think what a life - all we do is lie around in the sun, never having to lift a finger. But cats' lives aren't that idyllic. Cats are powerless, weak little creatures that injure easily. We don't have shells like turtles, nor wings like birds. We can't burrow into the ground like moles or change colour like a chameleon. The world has no idea how many cats are injured every day, how many of us meet a miserable end."



On the Monday of the 23rd day of July, my cat was hit by a car. The impact severed her spinal cord, and paralyzed her from the waist down. There was nothing that could be done; she was put down and passed away peacefully. She was a good cat, and young. She did not deserve this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...that's really sad. :( it was better when cats had nine lives.


*sniff*

Mintie said...

damn.