Sunday, February 24, 2008

Beetroot dip motherfucker

Do you stock it?!

Surprisingly, not really. Strange, really, that one would only find such few choices of beetroot/beetroot-themed dip in the wonderful world that is the Western marketplace today.

Have taken a liking to dips and bread recently. I don't know what hasn't possessed me to do so till now. Crazy, n'est-ce pas?

I don't know whether that's grammatically correct. More to the point, I don't care.

That was one of the things I find seriously frustrating about learning other languages. Fundamentally, grammar structures can be seriously, seriously different (e.g. My name is example vs. I am(je, itself conjugated)) named/appended(m'appelle) example) and native speakers are completely used to it. What may sound strange is basically culturally conditioned.

In other words, lots of memorisation. Frustrating, nevertheless.

This was inspired by late-night SBS and kittens. In a french movie, obviously.

No comments: