Saturday, July 08, 2006

That's the last stick!

I'm moving to Canada!

Or New Zealand, Australia's Canadia.

Having funtabular week. Can't get these things finished. Pronouns are for wimps.

Should update more, want to update more, but things like other people, and random internet outages make it very discouraging.

Hmmm, the word funtabular makes it look like i'm tabulating fun or vice versa or something. Not that it isn't. To tabulate.

Fun.

Went to a really kinda fun user study. SHEEP! I sheepherded those bastards. I got paid as well! I love wasting corporation money. I seem to making a habit of striking up very engaging conversations with people.

First Tristan, whom I thought I had very little in common with, now the guy doing his Masters thesis. I talked to him for about 2 and a half hours about random stuff, economics, game theory, evolution/ecology, psychological experiments, world domination, etc. You know, random stuff. He got me onto a bunch of websites that I'm actually rather interested about. Yatta. It was fun, cause he pointed out a few holes in my arguments and such, and I got money ^^

I'm having a fantastic week, and yet I pass up on an opportunity to go and see Bob. What am I thinking?

This whole randoms I just met and forging bonds with thing is kinda freaking me out...Because a) I'm not very nice and b) I have relatively unorthodox views. It's kinda like if striking up random conversation was on a normal curve, with the mean at 0 (well, technically, it couldn't be, but say it was something close to zero, and rounding makes it zero) and the SD at 1. One random conversation in a week is plausible, 68% and all...but 2? We're talking 95% here, possible but unusual.

Awesome! More people with baby-killing attitudes!

Stats has got to me.

You know, I was thinking about the whole Vaucluse (the number of people who still don't know where or what that is is astonishing...Doesn't anyone read about the property markets!?) thing, and the opulence. Jesus, could I live with myself with that...much? I used to, sorta, the marble floors, the granite benchtops, the hired help and all that...but still. Do people who live in that sort of wealth realise what they're doing? Are they happy what they're doing? Does Oliver realise how other people live? I don't know, I really shouldn't be making friends with people out of my socio-economic background. Admittedly, it does allow a standard of living above what is my capability.

Finished Lindy. I admire her sentiment, but gah. No real practical application, the whole kinda leftist betterness ideal. I like it, but again, measuring immeasurable things = illogical.

Although, I like that whole, 'It's an engineering detail' thing. It's quite funny.

1. Grandiose plan
2. "Engineering details"
3. ???
4. Profit!!!

That abuse that I heaped upon my body in the form of not eating, irregular and non-sleeping is really starting to show. I fell asleep at 9pm, woke up at 3 in the morn, fretted whether I should go back to sleep or not, and then went back to sleep half an hour later, and woke up at 9am. Then went back to sleep, got up at 12. Man my system is fucked up. Fix it? Never.

Something about lack something something house annoying something get out more I guess. Night.

No comments: