Sunday, January 27, 2008

We should shine a light on, a light on

And the book of right-on's right-on, it was right-on

I WANT ONE

Good couple of days. BDO was somewhat subdued (why Bjork why), joanna was awesome to the max.

A coupla weeks ago, talking things over with Oliver and some of his fairly rad friends, topics inevitably turned over to why people suck/knowledge about things. Some people sort of said that if they don't know something about something, they just tend to sit quietly and let it pass over their heads.

I do not. I mentioned that if I don't know something about something (and it sufficiently piques my curiousity) I will go and research the shit out of it. I will read as much possible and learn about the damn topic within a reasonable (what's reasonable you say? I'll let the courts decide on that) period of time. The funny thing is, I remarked, even after spending all that time and effort learning, i'm usually not that much better[less confused/more decided] off then when I started.

Which brings me to my question: Why am I such a damn fool?

Much unlike this one, who's probably one of the my favourite people ever. It makes me cry when you learn about that much goodness.

On a side note, that has to be one of the most entertaining wiki articles I've ever read. I actually want to read it the entire way through and not just skim/skip parts of it; i've read it multiple times and still find it engrossing. Kudos to the person/s who collaborated on it. I'm sure Erdos would appreciate it.

No comments: