Friday, November 07, 2008

I gotta turn this into a slogan, a motto, a creed

a proverb, an adage, a precept, but best of all: the reductionist rhyming chant.

"In my experience, experience is about as useful in learning about the world as every single other method of learning about the world; that is to say, absolutely useless. (and perfectly valid)"

Wrangling out essays and thoughts. My vocab, my expressiveness (my perspicacity, to be ever so droll) isn't there...right now? It's a discomfiture I can do without. You shouldn't ever take a cane from a blind man, or the ________ from a ________. I feel like poeting, which isn't a valid instinct for me. I also have a hunnerd or so articles on my Reader (goddamn Economist), so I should get through that, maybe. Here's one I like, with accompanying enticing morsel of illustratum:

No comments: