Thursday, November 20, 2008

Long overdue accounts

Amidst all these recounts, I felt I should I add my own.

I realise that I haven't been entirely honest recently. This is not an admission of wrongdoing. I have mainly been omitting, possibly embellishing, rather than fabricating. Very few things survive in thin air.

Most of this has come from oversight, tiredness, impulse, laziness and acquiescence: this is not an admission of blame. I'm wondering, however, whether it be worth my time to fully figure out all my reasons and dealings, and in fact deliver a more fleshed out account of the 'facts', so to speak. Interestingly, figuring out what to correct is in itself a somewhat opaque enterprise.

I need an excuse to write and think anyway. I can admit I haven't done much of that recently.

No comments: