Wednesday, January 14, 2004

I'm 16.

It's been nearly an hour into my birthday, and I'm already enjoying myself. Unexpected windfall.

There's really not much to say. More correctly, there's probably a hell of a lot, but nothing much is coming to mind right now.

So i'm 16. I now have legal responsibilities, I have to pay more for movie tickets, I can begin to drive and I can have sex legally. That and i'm a year older.

What does all that mean? Does it mean I have to take it upon myself to be more responsible, more mature, more 'adult'? It could be, and in all likelihood it probably does.

Does older neccessarily mean being wiser? Would I say that last year, I was not as wise, not as intelligent? In my personal opinion, I think I have. I feel that i've transcended the usual basics of life, and I feel like i'm more informed, more intelligent. Though reality would most likely disagree with me.

I should probably reflect, but the past is a dangerous place to get lost in. I'm not sure whether i'll get out.

Things are only going to get worse before they get better.

Lazy sun
Your eyes catch the light
With promises that might
Come true for awhile
Oh I'll ride
Farther than I should
Harder than I could
Just to meet you there

I wish you good luck today, and every day after that.

Goodbye.

No comments: