Thursday, January 15, 2004

I'm a fashion consultant, not an art critic.

The title didn't make any sense? Good, this'll force you to keep reading, which isn't exactly what I want. I don't really know what I want, so I guess it's okay.

I don't know why i'm typing this out at 6 in the morn, I stayed up all night packing and repacking, thanks to yesterday.

Yesterday (about 6 hours ago) was my birthday, and as such, I ended up duly treated as one is supposed to, which I felt was generally as you get treated on every other day of the year, but it seems that other people have different ideas of it. How quaint.

But anyway, went to the mall and bought some stuff, ate a little and ended up having restaurant people singing to me.

First, had some coffee (it was some caramel thing, it was way too sweet) then went down to clothing store, where I proceeded to buy more clothes. I've bought myself a whole new wardrobe while I was up here (it was dirt cheap too), the title should start making sense right around now. I've got too many clothes now, and run out of space. Which is why I stayed up all night packing and repacking.

I asked for a pocket watch (I need the time but I hate wristwatches) and a cd holder, as I have CDs. I didn't get my pocket watch, but we're to go look for that today anyway. I got my Cd holder from cousin, and also got a mini-pda thingy, which cost 97 cents, marked down from 12.50. You do the math.

Then went to restaurant, where my aunt decided to liberally splash the news that I was 16 around the place, resulting in three waiters and 4 other people singing Happy Birthday. Thankfully, it wasn't very crowded, and I was hiding behind a menu. Cake was good though.

Then bought some stuff, and then went to freakish Monstro-mart type thingy (think Woolworths, but the size of a warehouse, and with everything upsized, and like everything you can think of. It's scary.) Where I helped aunt do grocery shopping. The place was insanely huge, and everything was bulked. Everything. Very cheap, too.

So that was my birthday. Oddly enough, ended up doing stuff, and had a little bit of fun. However, this was just the retail therapy, I have an unhealthy habit of shopping for clothes. Shut up, I'm not that gay. Me, being the ultra P.C. person I am, was being metrosexual. So take that, Min-taec.

Mmmm, retail therapy...

Finally feeling tired from lack of sleep, I was wondering what took so long. Need to find one more thing here in the States, then I can't think of anything else to do.

Au revoir, ladies and gentlemen.

P.S. To all that sent emails for my birthday, hugs and general appreciation. To all that didn't, I hate you and I never want to see you again!!! *runs away crying* That or I forgive you. Though, really, there wasn't anything to forgive in the first place...

No comments: