Monday, July 06, 2009

In the throes

lust, deprivation and other stories

posts so good we never get to read them!
-sam moginie
To snark on the snark, I think it's appropriate to further that quote by the metaphor of indie bands, given that I have just come back from Canada, home and birthplace of all indie darlings, now and forever:

The best kind of indie bands are the ones you never hear; the more obscure a band, the better. I suspect that it follows some kind of logarithmic distribution, but more research is needed.

My 5 nights and 4 and a halfish days in the T.O. were some of the best in my life. I'm waxing sentimental from the sleep-deprivation and the excitement and various other pretty young things, but something will happen soon. Something, that may not be enough.

On a lighter note: Deadwood is a good show! I watched the first two episodes, and HBO do their we-are-so-edgy-and-gritty-and-make/produce/bankroll-edgy-gritty-shows thang quite well. Watch it, if blood and guts and murder set in Western times rocks your lox or sox.

2 comments:

Wojit said...

The mere mention of Canadian indie bands has propelled me to listening to Dragonslayer, again.

Thanks!

Jess said...

Rishi Rishi Rishi! You beautiful man. I forgot where your blog was located but I jut rediscovered it (!)

You are free to refrain from excessive blogging for now, as you are surely frolicking about on many ventures, but upon your return I expect a blogorama full of intricate details of what appears to so far be a fantastical experience.

Take care my two-legged friend.