Friday, July 17, 2009

This would be funny

Actually, this is pretty funny.

So, a slightish confession. I've been getting pretty damn stoned with my cousins and assorted friends while i've been staying with my aunt in Oswego. In fact, i'm on the tail end of a buzz now, so forgive me if I uh...get, like...totally...rad.

I mean, if I get a little distracted.

The 'getting solidly blazed' thing (see? i'm picking up the lingo) can wait for and really deserves better treatment, in the way of a fuller post that i'll do later. Seriously, small towns and drugs are an interestin' soc-sci project unto itself.

Right now, I just wanted to talk about shit that makes no fucking sense when stoned (which is seriously most everything) and more specifically, infomercials.

Oh but there's more! Spanish infomercials. Though accurately, this should be infomercials in Spanish.

I'm semi-channel surfing, flipping through bombings in Jakarta, Nancy Grace's expose on Michael Jackson (pepsi commerical burned his scalp?!) when suddenly, lo and behold, infomercial. But not just any infomercials, but infomercials dubbed in Spanish.

Now, it's late at night, I'm pretty nicely out of it, and what the fuck? Badly dubbed informercial selling a fucking infrared oven? This would make little sense if I were sober. And oh dear god Spanish is spoken fast during these sorts of things. I was in this great little Brooklyn taqueria, listening to a Brooklyn chica talk in rapidfire Spanglish, telling her friends about how she shot down this one guy ("Oh yeah motherfucker why don't you come over here and say it") and lordy she was fast. Is it even comprehensible when you talk Spanish that fast?

As propagators and continuers of the stoner genre Bill and Ted would say, this is totally bogus. And I am getting tired, and going to sleep. Night!

No comments: