Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Look at this face

Can you tell I am excited?

Because I am. Oh so excited.

Actually, enough of whatever the hell emotion that is. I am actually extremely extremely excited. Seriously!

I'm going to be back home soon (next week folks! Ready the standard celebratory hookers and blow), I just received a bunch of books from Amazon which I am extremely excited to read and slaver over, L.A. looks to have to stupidly amazing shit happening (fo' free! What the fuck!) , my cousin is looking to hook me up with getting into Conan (connections, natch) and I am currently looking to go to this place, because have I mentioned how freaking much I love lotus root? Taro is great too. Plus, i'm going to see if I can hit up this Kogi truck business.

This is what money can do for you: put an aquarium in a library. With sharks. And obviously, the internets. This is where I am now. It's a pretty swanktacular library. It's almost distressing how good their comic collection is, which is as adequate a segue as I can manage now.

I'm reading Understanding Comics. I don't think I really need to justify that in any way, cause uh, comics are awesome. There's a lot of interesting and cool historical stuff about representation and icon and, well comics. Definitely worth reading, even if I haven't finished reading it.

In a related piece of travelogue trivia, my interest in comics was further sparked by having a very long and involved conversation with a dude who works at this comic store in Toronto (by the way, it's a fantastic comic store, both in range and prices). I was wondering what comics I wanted to buy and created a shortlist, which I presented to the dude in question, who then proceeded to tell me that my selections were crappy/incomplete. Well, not exactly those words, but I got the gist. But it was okay, cause he wasn't like a douche or anything about it. He was in fact quite awesome in recommending me lots and lots of different comics I would enjoy. So woo dude to whom I am very sorry because I cannot remember your name. He had a cast on his leg, so ask for that! Also, as you can see from the picture, it is a lovely little tiny tiny hole in the wall. More on this at some point? We'll see.

So anyway, enough typing, I have to go be sad about missing out on Regina Spektor's sold out concert. Seriously, her concerts all over the freaking country are selling out incredibly quickly. Is she far behind? Tune in at eleven to find out!

No comments: