Thursday, July 30, 2009

Your country needs you!

To help me decide my consumption decisions

So, cause I have decided to buy some comics, you can help! Given that these comics will probably reach you at some point in the future, it's advisable to help. I've got a shortlist of sorts, but feel free to add anything you think might be great. Arguments for and against will also be taken into consideration. Here's my what I can think of the top of my head shortlist:

Earth X
Final Crisis
Blankets
Astonishing X-Men (the Joss Whedon run, namely)

Obviously, i'm leaning towards complete works/complete collections of works, but i'm amenable to other things if they are suitably awesome. If no one helps, I will be vewy sad :(

And no one gets anything. It's like an ultimatum...game. Or not. Go nuts! Reader participation is gr-r-reat. For the record: Frosty Flakes - not that great.

4 comments:

Matt said...

If you don't have these:

Transmetropolitan (REQUIRED)
Invisibles
Authority
Fables
Y: The Last Man
Alias (Not the show, the Bendis book, quite subtle but great)

Mintie said...

scratch your list, add Matts. especially transmet.

Wojit said...

I will double The Invisibles, but as that and Sandman are the only long comic series of which I've read any, I'm stumped after that.

(Oh wait, there was Promethea too. I really should get around to finishing any of the above.)

rishimon said...

Muah muah Transmet. It's good, granted, and i'll add. But I read the first issue, and it didn't grab me like everyone said it would. But it was entertaining enough...I guess.

Invisibles and Fables were actually also on the list, but it was more a case of I couldn't be bothered hunting down trade paperbacks of those (This is also the case with Transmet). If I can, I will.

Thanks for the Y reminder! Good choice.

I'm going to add Smartest Kid in the World, and possibly the Orson Scott Card series of Iron Man. Actually scratch the latter, Runaways I think.

I'm not even going to comment on Sandman.

Either way, thanks for the suggestions dudes! 'Cept you Min-taec you sayer of nay you. I wanted further suggestions! Don't make me use Wiki on you *edits*