Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Just stick with Ross

He'll show you the way.

Stuff is routine.

People suck. I haven't been able to transcend that property quite yet, so have that unfortunate/temporary condition of having deal with the suckiness. It's a conundrum.

Adam's partay was nice. There was something about it, that made me like it. Don't know what.

Maybe that's the vodka talking.

Something I don't get: slow-motion replays on lawn bowls.

Watching Commonwealth Games, it confuses me why all the patriotism. Nevermind the atrocious commentary resulting from this. I've been learning in Soc Sci that it's been the triumph of the individual over the collective, the state over the tribe for the past hundred years or so. What's going on?

I actually kind of promote the individual over the collective, atleast in the narrow subculture of sports. In this day and age, it's makes much more logical sense to promote the outstanding individual over the country that produced it, considering how many of those outstanding indiviudals aren't neccesarily native anymore.

It's not that I don't like team sports, it's rather I find teams constrained by cartological boundaries...quaint. Globalisation has supposed to remove those rather parochial ideas of patriotism, and it has, in some terms. I'm just hoping that when more sports become more global, and less national, we'll see better things.

I want a good World XI, dammit.

imminent scientist?

But this imminent scientist tells correspondent Scott Pelley that the Bush administration is restricting who he can talk to and editing what he can say. Politicians, he says, are rewriting the science.

Is that better than eminent?

Re:imminent scientist?

i can't say if it's any better, BUT it IS a lot sooner


/. rocks. Rocks to the chest.


No comments: