Sunday, October 16, 2005

Say it isn't so

That Jared may indeed be accurate with his observations.

I'm doing this when I'm meant to be studying (Bob you must vindicate me on this), but stuff is coming to me really well, and i'm having that sort of inspiration that God would be envious of, even if he granted it.

Besides, I am studying.

I'm feeling sated, after having my supper and more importantly my dose of decent, if not good reading. I'm rereading the FLW again, this time a bit closer and such. It gets too much of a short shrift methinks. Yes yes, wank and all that, but they guy has genuinely cared, and it shows. As postmodern novels go, the guy seems to have his head firmly in place, without sacrificing too much to lameness.

As I was eating, I thought it would be pleasant to watch something to distract myself from this interminable business of eating and living that goes on so much around here. Yes, I understand that it is rather ironic to watch something interminable to distract myself from the same, but I was hoping Spongebob was on. No one finds an animated sponge interminable. It wasn't on.

Harry Potter the 3rd was though, and this is where Jared may (I stress may) be right. The music was...well it was appropriate. It's a good thing that it's called a score; in this case, it may suffice to fix a suffix (ZING!) in front of that to call it an underscore. In that last half hour or so that I watched (think that's an insufficient amount of time to properly judge a movie? Why are you here then?) Every event, every little thing, had its' little sound. It was almost like watching a video game movie, where everything has its pretty little sound. The other thing about the movie was the mature language; the word 'hell' (Which is exactly where you're going, witch spawn Rowling) was heard. In keeping to the religious theme, why did Sirius look like Jesus? (The one from Nazareth, not the bowler.) Speaking of which, why did they put so much effort into the end credits? Maybe if they used that in the movie, it would have turned out better!

Ba-zing!

I actually quite like the movie, or whatever portion I saw of it. But taking shots is more fun. Ooh, double-entendre.

But not really.

Now, I am off to have fun and play the ukelele. Simultaneously.

No comments: