Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Try our all new white meat nuggets!

That was an actual sign outside a fast food store.

Another day that's passed by. Did nothing today, finally finished Harry Potter 4. It's fat. 700 pages is too long for such a book. It's not bad, i'd still say that the third book was better. This one just seemed a little too protracted at times and she tries a little too hard at times to make the characters more complex. I mean, it's almost laughable to see how hard she tries to show the feelings Harry has for Cho. It actually has the opposite effect and makes feel more stereotypical rather than developing him into a more realistic and believeable character.

It's even more pronounced in the next book, where she shows mood swings, frustrations and and gets Harry to be more emotive. I can't tell how that's going to turn out, as I haven't read much of the 800 or so pages that makes up this monster of a book. It seems better, atleast in the first hundred pages, but if anything it's even more protracted than the last book, making it a little hard to read. That's saying something, as this is Harry Potter.

Inadvertenly found out what my Christmas present (after I told them not to get me anything like a trillion times) from one of my cousins is, she's giving me three Tolkien books. They're the related histories of Middle-earth stuff, Hopefully they're good. Though I'd rather not own those books. I don't have that big a bookshelf.

Another day of crap, I went out for little outings a lot. Went to Walmart for 'Snow pants', went to pick up cousin from school, learnt that this little town has a fairly seething underbelly. I'm just sitting around, reading various books, wanting to finish off the Potter series. I was going to the LOTR premiere tonight (it premiered tonight here) but my LAZY cousin kept putting off getting the tickets, and when she did go, they were sold out. Oh well. I'll just go tomorrow.

The human race is faced with a cruel choice: work or daytime television.

They don't know how true that is.

Going to work in my aunts office tomorrow, you can see how little I have to do here :P. i'm getting paid for it, so it's all good. Not like I care.

Probably will go to NYC sometime soon, I'll keep you posted on that.

Every thing in moderation, including moderation itself.

Au revoir, ladies and gentlemen.

No comments: